Cawfee Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cawfee Talk

Our own little place on the net!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Seeking Him Together -- week four

Go down 
+3
shelb
Christina
Moni
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Moni

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Seeking Him Together -- week four Empty
PostSubject: Seeking Him Together -- week four   Seeking Him Together -- week four EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 1:49 pm

So, I'm guessing since no one has posted anything on Week Four yet, that I'm not the only one behind? Seeking Him Together -- week four 620357
Back to top Go down
Christina
Admin

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together -- week four   Seeking Him Together -- week four EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 12:45 am

I am just finishing week 3 Seeking Him Together -- week four 217242 I am planning on getting week 4 done in the next couple of days though Seeking Him Together -- week four 620357 Maybe we should pick it up next week with the holiday and all? Seeking Him Together -- week four 38523
Back to top Go down
https://ctalk.forumotion.net
shelb

shelb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together -- week four   Seeking Him Together -- week four EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 1:19 am

I'm with you girlz...I'm still on week three...so what do you say Court, will you let us have a few extra days??? PLEEEEEEESE!!!???!! Seeking Him Together -- week four 895284
Back to top Go down
Court

Court

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together -- week four   Seeking Him Together -- week four EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 12:27 pm

Seeking Him Together -- week four 924246

Goodmorning girls Seeking Him Together -- week four 271155 ... Since this week is a week off for Thanksgiving break (see calendar in the Welcome section as a reference), there's time for us all to get caught up and post comments this coming weekend for last week's (4) lesson. I didn't start a post this past weekend (absentee leader!)-- had my sister, Kim here so that exempts her as well. Hey, we had movies to see! Excuses, excuses... But, our good time works to everyone's advantage as it appears each of us in a bit behind. So, relax and enjoy your week and the blessings that come as you celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday!! My wishes for you each to have one that fills your heart with His love, peace and joy.

Seeking Him Together -- week four 736576
Back to top Go down
Dor

Dor

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together -- week four   Seeking Him Together -- week four EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 9:58 am

I have not touched my lesson honestly so I will get on it and have it done by monday....sorry! I need it too I am feeling a little fiesty (in a non-productive way..) Seeking Him Together -- week four 985598 I will check in soon gals! Seeking Him Together -- week four 41944
Back to top Go down
Dor

Dor

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together -- week four   Seeking Him Together -- week four EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 4:20 pm

Hey Mama's!
I am still mucho behind and will try to catch up!!!! Sorry! Seeking Him Together -- week four 902433
Back to top Go down
Christina
Admin

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together -- week four   Seeking Him Together -- week four EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 6:25 pm

Me too! This weekend got away from me... Seeking Him Together -- week four 665869 I had Sofia (a friends daughter) all Friday and Sat., then the girls unexpectadly (sp?) came back from Idaho... Seeking Him Together -- week four 561946
I will try to catch up in the am Seeking Him Together -- week four 620357
Back to top Go down
https://ctalk.forumotion.net
shelb

shelb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together -- week four   Seeking Him Together -- week four EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:46 am

I'm still running behiney Seeking Him Together -- week four 64801

I had a sick Kaiden all weekend, starting Thanksgiving night...On Saturday, I vegged after the kids went to bed, my bad...then last night Dylan started at 2:30 am...so I'm still working on all my catch-up work stuff...AND this is my busy time!!!...BUT, I have two weeks off starting on the 23rd...yay...and it's paid...yay again! Plus, I might add I have not been to bed yet, so a little ditzy I am...feeling like I have jet-lag...my mom was feeling a little under the weather, so I worked from home today to tend to Dyl...so I have miles to catch up on tomorrow...

OK I think I've been up long enough...2 hours Seeking Him Together -- week four 158807 in two days is crazzzzy!

I proooomise I will get with the program by weeks end! Even if I have to do it during my lunchtime!

Love ya's!! Seeking Him Together -- week four 736576
Back to top Go down
Court

Court

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together -- week four   Seeking Him Together -- week four EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 3:37 pm

Seeking Him Together -- week four 771796 Hey girls~ I know, time's gotten away from me as well. I've read over the study/my answers but that was back last week. Feel as tho I need to do that again and really get myself back into it before I post. My heart's just not been into it, honestly. But, I'm tryin'! Let's just trickle in with our posts as we find something that touches our spirits from week 4. If it takes thru this coming weekend so be it and then we can share where each of us is at and whether we're on week 4 or have started/finished 5. K? This is a hectic time for all, I'm certain that each of us is doing our best to manage it all. Keep on keepin' on!!! Seeking Him Together -- week four 41944

Blessings and love~ Seeking Him Together -- week four 407244
Back to top Go down
Kimmy

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together -- week four   Seeking Him Together -- week four EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 10:32 pm

Well, I'm a little behind too. Still lingering on week four, but thought I'd share some thought to help keep us all on track. Day 1 The Faith - Builder Story......I found myself connecting with this woman's story in the first paragraph. I stopped...and actually got a little scared to read the rest. Let's just say that my tears were flowin' during the second paragraph, and continue through the end of the story. Though I didn't connected with everything she was experiencing...I connected with enough heavy points that answered a lot questions for me. I haven't been depressed, just overwhelmed with too much thought. I've always been a thinker. I've just been so caught up in it, that I was living in a dream land of my own. Maybe even a little bit still. This story couldn't have come at a better time in my life. It brought me some sanity, and hope. BUT, now I have to face myself with what I now understand. Please pray for me girls. I have a lot of to do's this month, and I need to stay focused and connected in this study. Speaking for myself...I don't want to take a holiday break from God, when He's always there for me. kwim? Thinking about you all, and hoping things are well. Seeking Him Together -- week four 716782
Back to top Go down
Jenn

Jenn

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together -- week four   Seeking Him Together -- week four EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 12:40 pm

Ditto on Kimmy's post.

I have to admit I am shamefully behind but that lady's story came at such a perfect time. It wouldn't have had the same impact as it did yesterday if I was up-to-speed! I'm getting there today, though. Seeking Him Together -- week four 88570 This time of year has been hard for me the last few years. Please don't read this as a pity party, but just how I'm feeling.... With the exception of my brother, I have no family here, so it is hard when everyone is getting together with their families to be alone. )Stupid me, I'm crying for no reason!) My husband's family is great, but I'm not sure where I stand with them. Several years ago now, I reached out to one of them for help when my husband was gambling--and not coming home. The response was less than kind. It may not have been the right thing to do, but I was desperate. I think his uncle thought we wouldn't make it anyway, so what was the bother...I don't really know. So, though I'm close to some of his family, they are just that. His. Anyway, there is that, and then my dad died on December 23. It just makes my favorite holiday a bit difficult. The past few weeks have been so hard, but it's getting easier--and would not have been so bad if I'd have kept up with my study! Seeking Him Together -- week four 801793

I should probably edit the above (tmi!), but what the heck.

All that to say, I'm really enjoy the study still, even if I'm lagging! And Kimmy, thanks for the honesty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jennhernandez00
Court

Court

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together -- week four   Seeking Him Together -- week four EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 5:42 pm

Seeking Him Together -- week four 716782 Well, girls if ever there is a reason to become re-inspired to keep on and keep up, it's now and because of what you each shared. Kim, sister as well as most women have struggles with what life could be like or "should" be like and how we think if it played out like this, it would be the best for us or those we love. I can totally sympathize. Have been there and at one time struggled daily with my thought life which opposed my "real" life. Seeking Him Together -- week four 620357 Unless we are totally surrendered to God and checking ourselves at the door (with respect to His plans, His way)...life can bell like living Chinese torture and is dangerous. Funny, how God made us thoughtful, intuitive, feeler's as women and we can just get so caught up in our own make up that distracts us from reality, right thinking. I'm not saying we should avoid that part of ourselves but maybe just to change gears when we are feeling swept away! Or do what we are.. talk it out, share, pray, let God in..get out, get away, get a grip. Hee, hee!! I can remember a time where I was real caught up in what I call "sliding doors".. if I opened this door, what would I have found.. if that one..how would life have turned out. Good Lord.. I got what I got cuz that's what I chose- from friends to husband to kids to career to home. God didn't make no dummy so I'm pretty certain I thought it all through at decision time. I think we want it ALL and I think we secretly think we deserve it. I think we are mixed up also because the message of the world is, you should be happy, you should be able to be anything you want, have what you want... and, if you don't atleast try, you're a LOSER! Maybe... the Lord wants to use those "failures" to make Himself known. Just maybe, He wants to be our ALL in ALL. I remember this when I am disappointed in my earthly Father or Husband or a friend. Hey... they aren't cut from the same cloth as the Lord and He is the ONE for me. I still grapple from time to time with how things look in my life from where I sit. And, there's nothing wrong with a little self-assessment, evaluation.. like my momma (Nyla) says; "discomfort or discontent is good in that it creates change and that change can be positive!" So, when I think I'm a fat ass... hum, maybe I should excersize. Hurtful accessment but positive change. Seeking Him Together -- week four 217242 But, if I lived there always beating myself up, forever uncomfortable, avoiding people and activities... that's damaging and just guess who's lovin' that?! Satan! We can use those nudges for our good but let's not let it run us down or distract us from a loving God who should be at the helm of those nudges and helping us to change what we see and then what we do- through His Spirit and thus, He gets the glory. The way it should be... AMEN?!

Jenn-girl, Every time you write, I find myself thinking.. this is a cool chick. I like how she thinks, writes! Thanks for letting us in.. sorry, for the tears but in a good way that is healing-- so think of us catching em' for you. Or like in the book, The Shack.. Sarayu is putting those precious ones in your own special bottle. I know you also read it-- how great was it?! My friend, there's nothing like "home" or feeling one's own roots in family. You must miss your peeps especially at sucha tender time of year having your daddy pass away. Let me offer you my deepest condolences and tell you how very sorry I am for such a loss. I can think of losing my own and tear up at just the thought. May I ask where your family lives, how far away you are from them? Also, I have to say that I felt that you did what any wife would do in that situation w/one's own husband. It's upsetting to me that you were not met with a helpful attitude. How much can they love him if they don't want to hear the truth of this from his wife. We, know everything about our men and what they can use! Sounds to me like the uncle was being cowardly and hid from the issue. How irresponsible on his part! What a hurt that must have been for you. I hope you are not still faced with this issue and will pray that God would give you joy and fill your heart of gladness instead of sadness for the rest of the month. Seeking Him Together -- week four 895284 Seeking Him Together -- week four 564645

The boys need me to begin homework so I'm typing as I've been distracted by them coming in to so I hope what I wrote above isn't too wacky sounding! Seeking Him Together -- week four 604177 Seeking Him Together -- week four 929820

Thanks Kimmie for what you wrote and I will be praying for you sis.. I understand, been there, done that, still do it but just not living it. Kwim?! Love you girls! Seeking Him Together -- week four 523143
Back to top Go down
Jenn

Jenn

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together -- week four   Seeking Him Together -- week four EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:18 pm

Thanks Courtney for your encouragement. Not just in regards to me, but in whole...I hear a budding Beth Moore in there...where's the book!! Seeking Him Together -- week four 41944 The words of living in realilty are so poignant at the moment. How did you know??? ~smile~ I've been doing a lot of what-ifing and need to knock it off!

My family (most of them) live in Washington. Auburn, Bothell, Bonney Lake. I'm closer to my aunt's who, for work reasons, currently live near Nashville, but will be moving back to WA to be with family. We had talked about going there (WA) for Christmas this year, but Roy's family is coming here, so maybe next year. Lord willing.

I loved The Shack. Completely an eye-opening, wonder of a book. So deep, yet so simple. Wow. I ususally don't re-read books, but I am that one. There's so much I almost need to! Seeking Him Together -- week four 656928

Roy hasn't (as far as I know) been gambling for approximately three years, but it is always in the back of my mind. We went to counseling (unrelated subject) and both got an understanding of why he does certain things.

Thanks again...homework is calling here, too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jennhernandez00
Dor

Dor

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together -- week four   Seeking Him Together -- week four EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:31 pm

My girls,
I just love you all!
Shel, I am sorry that your boy and mama were sicky and you are feeling
so crazy. I am so glad that you have some time off to rest yourself and your
soul.
Kim, you are such a sweet deep soul and I think we all have experience with what you are saying. I will pray for you~ you are just so wise for a young gal.....and your a great mama too!
Ms. Courty, thank you for giving us your wisdom and understanding....
and I agree with you about Jenn, what a wonderful, wonderful person she is....
Jenn, we are your sistas!!!!
I don't know if it is the PMS or what but I want to give you a big "I LOVE YOU MAN.."
(and I haven't even been drinking...ha!)
Thank you ladies for being so open and honest.
Seeking Him Together -- week four 523143
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together -- week four   Seeking Him Together -- week four Empty

Back to top Go down

Seeking Him Together -- week four
Page 1 of 1