Cawfee Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cawfee Talk

Our own little place on the net!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Seeking Him together week three

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimmy

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Seeking Him together week three Empty
PostSubject: Seeking Him together week three   Seeking Him together week three EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 10:01 pm

Seeking Him together Question #9. As you read through the "Making It Personal" questions on Day 5, was there any particular area of dishonesty with God, yourself, or others that the Lord pointed out to you?

This one spoke to me the most:
Honesty with Myself
"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves" (James 1:22)
Are there truths in God's Word that I know in my head or that I "preach" to others but am not practicing in my life?
Back to top Go down
Court

Court

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him together week three   Seeking Him together week three EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 12:31 pm

Thanks Kim, for getting us started on "Seeking Him Together--Week 3". Seeking Him together week three 311266

Anyone have something to "humbly add?!" Seeking Him together week three 406122 I'll be back...to reveal my thoughts, answer on humility... Seeking Him together week three 665869 a bit later.
Back to top Go down
Moni

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him together week three   Seeking Him together week three EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Aaaackkkkk! I'm SO behind!
Seeking Him together week three 771796
I'll catch up tonight, hopefully, and comment tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Dor

Dor

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him together week three   Seeking Him together week three EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 4:38 pm

As I did this lesson, I kept hearing in my mind the scripture (to the effect of..)
There are ways which seem right to men but are wrong to the Lord...
I think some of my thinking fits what is convienient to me and isn't exactly what
the lord wants for me. I have asked the Lord to shine a light on what I need to work on. Seeking Him together week three 625822
Back to top Go down
Moni

Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him together week three   Seeking Him together week three EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 11:25 am

I always thought I was a descent, honest person. But apparently I'm NOT. Seeking Him together week three 16648

Question #9 on page 59... goes back to page 56. Yes, I'm guilty of speaking graciously to others while harboring hatred or bitterness... I'm not sure I'd go so far as "hatred" and "bitterness," but definitely dislike and negativity.

Do I put up walls to keep people from seeing the "real me"? You betcha. Seeking Him together week three 252100

I also want to comment on page 53, #19. In light of everythng you have ever done, said, or thought, how do these verses make you feel? Do they reassure you, or do they make you uncomfortable?
I feel guilty about my sin, but also empowered by God's grace. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins... I John 1:9. This is one of those verses that sticks with me. I love it!
Back to top Go down
Court

Court

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him together week three   Seeking Him together week three EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 12:15 am

Seeking Him together week three 924246

Hi girlies! I am here to add to what you've started for "Honesty"..finally. I have to say that I really love how this study is straight forward, doesn't pull any punches but knocks me on my behind. You know, I've done this study before. It's interesting to me to see what I struggled with then vs. whether or not it is a current stuggle or that of a new one to add in for myself. So as I look back, look at today..sure is even more convicting if I'm still where I was..then! The "Making It Personal" section is always a goodie for me. I think it ought to be titled; "Check yoself before you wreck yoself!" I find on page 55 that I am still in that; "this is just me, the way I am" kind of thought of myself. Oh you mean, you're just naturally a bitch? LOL! It point blank asks us: "Do I see my sin as God sees it, or do I tend to think in terms of "weaknesses," "problems," "slip-ups," or "personality quirks"? Hum? Well, didn't he make me this way? Oh wait, there's a sin factor. Oh yea, and freedom of choice.
What about when he convicts me..like I was just a mean wife and I ignore the spirits probing me to.. say sorry! Here's another lovely: " Do I ignore, resist, or deny the conviction of God's spirit or His Word in relation to my sin? Who meeeee?! Well, honestly..usually I know...there's that ugly gut feeling the one I choose to ignore. Gee, I think I wrote ignore several times now. I do however, give myself some credit. I've come a long, long way in offering myself up to other's in that I try not to do this one: "Do I put up walls to keep people from seeing the "real me"? Am I willing to let others into my life-- to be honest about my spiritual needs, to ask for prayer about those needs, and to be accountable ot others for areas where I need to grow or change? The end part is probably very lacking. The accountablility part for specific areas to be exact! I am thinking as I write that, that if I told you what I think I need to change in, then you'd probably keep me accountable and that could be a problem for me!!!

Seeking Him Together:

But here is the truth and the real benefit of such intimacy with one another.... Seeking Him together week three 895284 Seeking Him together week three 311266 Seeking Him together week three 244264 Seeking Him together week three 523143 Seeking Him together week three 716782 Seeking Him together week three 638182

5. Name some benefits of living a tranparently honest life. Name some possible consequences of refusing to open our lives up to God and others. Seeking Him together week three 852234

One of the greatest and and best to me is being truly known and cared about by other's and through that intimacy finding relief and feeling supported to share a burden and be prayed for. To not be open would isolate me and make me feel as though I'm alone, on my own-- which I've done a number of times. My problems would be harder to bear on my own and feel bigger, overwhelm and maybe even overtake me.

The close of this lesson asks for the group to break into two or three and spend time "walking in the light" with each other. Please pick a person to go to in a private email or phone call and share at least one specific spiritual need in your life. It offers suggestions to examine such as: an area of character that is not like Jesus, a particular sin struggled with, some relationship that needs to be resolved, etc. Be as open and specific about your need(s) as the Lord gives you freedom to be. Then lets pray for the person and check back with them. Grab a girl and get real!!!

In closing I underlined these sentences and I love reading about God's desire to restore us. Pg. 53: We learn that the reason God discloses our thoughts, actions, and motives is to bring to us peace, rest. (Hebrews 4:11:12). His plan for us is always for our good. Amen?!
Seeking Him together week three 41944

Seeking Him together week three 785267
Back to top Go down
shelb

shelb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him together week three   Seeking Him together week three EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 3:27 am

Hi Ladies...

It's been a busy week...and today was especially rough on an emotional level...sooo, I'll be playing catch-up this weekend...I need it, feeling very betrayed, and need to be knocked down a few notches! Funny how when I stray from this study, things seem to go to hell...literally...guess that's a telling sign that I need to remember that God is with me always, not only when I need him to be!!!...and just writing this, I feel Him and find peace again...

Lubs...Shelynn
Back to top Go down
Dor

Dor

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him together week three   Seeking Him together week three EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 2:54 pm

Hello loves!
Hey there Shelbs....you are such a fighter! Seeking Him together week three 11389 I am sorry you are having such a difficult time and let us know if we can help!!!!!!!!!!!
If anything, that is what we are here for!
I would say that I put up walls or just plain make myself unavailable.....since my marriage woe's, I have been trying to open myself up warts and all to people I trust. Seeking Him together week three 716782
I often tell Ms. Court..."I hope you still love me after I tell you this"..........and she usually does. We have all had our trust broken in one way or another and I am grateful for this study, it has helped me let you all in a little more. Quite frankly, I feel a little weird about being accountable to someone else....I'll give it a whirl!
Do I try to create a better impression of myself...YEP! People pleasing is my where I get in the most trouble and I pray about that in my life because it bites me in the bootay!
Seeking Him together week three 852234 I hate conflict but get in more trouble avoiding it......
Bye gals, gotta get ready for work! Seeking Him together week three 638182
Back to top Go down
shelb

shelb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him together week three   Seeking Him together week three EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:04 pm

Doe!!!

I'm hearing you on the trust issue part...dealing with a bit of that myself right now...grrrr...I understand how it gets easier to "keep it inside" and deal with it yourself...years ago, a very wise Christian "shrink" told me that our emotions/experiences are like water and we are a glass...if you keep filling it up, eventially the water will spill over on to the table, wetting and possibly distroying everything in it's path...we have to empty the glass occasionally to make room for more water...then she went on to explain that we need to experience all this water so the glass will have a purpose.

Through Gods plan, I've heard it said many times that we are in search of our purpose on this Earth...I've come to understand that our purpose is just being here daily with the life we have...our families, our service, our faith...just me being that "Glass" in the shape, strength, and material that God made me to be, is enough...we don't need to be better, because we are already perfect to Him. It's because of our own insecurities that we allow that ulgy sin to enter our lives...If we just "trust" who God made us to be, then we have our purpose.

You are a strong women for sharing yourself to Court...this is scary...(not Court, the "sharing" and exposing yourself part...HA!) but someone has to help us drink that water, especially when it's filling up fast...our friends can get a bit thirsy if both parties aren't sharing drink...For me, knowing my friends can trust me is just as important as my trust in them....

OK this is sounding like a lecture...SORRY!...Not my intention, at tal...I just wanted to share some great advice I got long ago!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him together week three   Seeking Him together week three Empty

Back to top Go down

Seeking Him together week three
Page 1 of 1