Cawfee Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cawfee Talk

Our own little place on the net!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Seeking Him Together Lesson 7

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimmy

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 Empty
PostSubject: Seeking Him Together Lesson 7   Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:47 am

Hey Girlies! Got a post?? I'll be on here tonight to do mine. Love you all! Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 871726
Back to top Go down
Moni

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together Lesson 7   Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Kimmie, you ROCK!
I'm behind. Again. Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 49767

I'm out of town Thursday, so if you guys plan a chat, I can't be here. Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 110949
Back to top Go down
Kimmy

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together Lesson 7   Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 11:37 pm

Okay Girlfriends, here's what stuck with me:
"I was not born to be free. I was born to adore and to obey." C.S. Lewis

In God's eyes, nothing is more important than obedience. Disobedience reveals a rebellious heart. God gives us so much, so why is so hard to give back to God? I'm so thankful to be in this study. We all need to be constantly reminded of many, many things.

Moni darlin', don't worry about being behind. Just post a note on where your at. Look how short mine was!!! Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 70917
Back to top Go down
Moni

Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together Lesson 7   Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 3:19 pm

I brought my book to work with me today - thought I'd do some catch up on my half-hour lunch. I blasted through all five days, and just have the Seeking Him Together to do. That's something that has struck me during this whole study. It only takes 5 or 10 minutes to do - why, then, am I always behind? I can find hours and hours to watch TV, but I can't do a Bible study for 10 minutes a day? I suck. Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 665869

Yeah, like Kimmie said, there are many, many things to be reminded of.

God values obedience over everything else. Period. But it's hard. In the Faith Builder story on Day 1 (page 127), the guy says that "... obedience requires a daily, if not moment-by-moment surrender." Amen to that!

It's so easy to fall into a habit of being DISobedient. Cursing, gossip, a critical spirit, not being active in church, etc., etc., etc., the list goes on and on!
Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 37833
Back to top Go down
Court

Court

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together Lesson 7   Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:24 pm

Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 924246

Pg: 128 #2: What do you think he means when he says, "Obedience requires a daily, if not moment-by-moment, surrender"? How have you experienced this truth in your walk with God?

Because I have to deny myself; my sin nature to want things my way and in every way (ie: thoughts, actions, attitude, et.) which takes a daily, moment-by-moment surrender. It takes constant awareness. Only by the Holy Spirit living in me am I able to keep from disobeying God.

It really struck me that even partial disobedience is disobedience. (me.. Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 70917 LOL!)

That's it for me.. can you even believe it?! lol!
Back to top Go down
Dor

Dor

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together Lesson 7   Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 8:28 pm

Hey Gals, I will get to crackin' on this tonight! Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 785267
Back to top Go down
Dor

Dor

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together Lesson 7   Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 11:22 pm

Hey loves!
I was sitting with Ms. Jenn in church and have to admit I am woefully behind on chapter 7!
I am sooo sorry and am already working on it!
In church today, a woman gave her testimony that was quite moving, essentially saying that a lot of times we like to blame our spouse, etc. for old hurts and issues that are really our own. I always have to remember that when I am having an issue with someone, to look inside myself for what is triggering the feelings and then ask God for guidance. Anyway Gals, Love to you and sorry for my slow start on chap. 7!
Back to top Go down
Court

Court

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together Lesson 7   Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 11:50 am

Yea, that is right thinking Doe. Thanks for the sharing as I am into looking inside and need to remember to try to do that in way that's not consumed with being self-centered, self-involved. Which is very hard to do! To be reasonable and fair. I think when we're unhappy and even if there are things about a person or situation that is valid that are a source of that unhappiness-- one must look at what they are doing or not doing to contribute to that feeling/condition. I am realizing that I have to make myself happy and not depend on anybody else to offer it to me. I believe the more I take charge of myself, my life.. I will bring what I desire to me. That is what I am thinking about today, anyway! Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 561946 It feels right and empowers me rather than derail myself into despair. I only wish I could hang onto what I think I know right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Him Together Lesson 7   Seeking Him Together Lesson 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seeking Him Together Lesson 7
Page 1 of 1