Cawfee Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cawfee Talk

Our own little place on the net!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WELCOME LADIES!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Court

Court

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-08

WELCOME LADIES! Empty
PostSubject: WELCOME LADIES!   WELCOME LADIES! EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 12:03 pm

WELCOME!

Hello bible study friends! WELCOME LADIES! 924246

Welcome to our online bible study titled, "Seeking Him." I am so excited that you have decided to take this journey with us! I am confident that as you commit yourself to starting and finishing this study you will grow deeper in your understanding of God and stronger in your walk with Him. Before we begin Lesson 1 in the book, let's start by getting on the same page by reading and answering the questions below found in the scriputures. But before we do that please keep on reading!

No matter where you are on your journey, I know that this study will be helpful for you. You will be encouraged to consider what God is placing on your heart, who he has placed on your shore to grow with and even as deep as who you are at your core-- but don't let that scare you! This is all in God's control. You may not be ready yet, or you may be anxious to pass on what you're learning. Either way, I want to encourage you to finish strong! Take time with these lessons, listen intently to the Lord's whispers or shouts! and pray for God's will to be done in us and through our doing this study.

Muey Importante'!

I know each of you is here for a reason. Please feel safe here. This is our space. There are guidelines for use of this site that protect the individuals invited here.
Here's a list of things to consider and commit to as we begin:

1. This link is for the sole purpose of our communicating throughout the study. Please respect the privacy of other's on the site and not allow anyone in your circle to view our shared communication. All things shared (i.e: prayer requests, needs, praises, thoughts) are to be kept confidential. Nothing is to be repeated outside of the group. Privacy is critical to the integrity of the group. Everyone MUST make a commitment to this. The benefit of this commitment are a safe place to share what is on your heart and a safe place to grow in Christ with the support of others.

2. Everyone is encouraged to participate in online discussion. A group where everyone shares equally is the ultimate goal. If you are a timid person, please pray for boldness to share with the group as you begin to feel comfortable. If you are already a bold person, take care not to dominate the online disucussion and refrain so that other's can answer questions and participate. Don't underestimate the value of what you have to share. The interaction within the group should develop into a wonderful time of sharing, learning and growing, for everyone.

3. Please have respect at all times for one another's beliefs and insights. This is of vital importance to our group. There are people in the group from many different backgrounds and denominations. Keep in mind that it is God's desire for us to always strive for unity in his church. Never criticize any church or religious organization (or political group) because you might be offending someone that is in the forum with you. Try to keep your focus on what God is teaching you, and trust him to do the same in the lives of each person in the group. If you find yourself disagreeing with someone in the group, take care to guard you lips and watch what you say (write).

4. Please come prepared for written discussion by having your lesson for the week complete. This isn't always possible, but it should be your goal. It is a real blessing if everyone is prepared to participate in the written discussion by having their lesson done. There may be times when your lesson is not complete. Please log on anyway. You will be missed if you aren't here. Don't get discouraged by a bad week. Keep at it and stay with us for the long haul; you will be blessed!
WELCOME LADIES! 970242

Bible Study Guidelines

1. We are here to study the Bible individually and together. You can enter into this time of Bible study expecting the Lord to inspire and instruct you through His Word. He will give you a deeper understanding of His ways and lead you into a closer walk with Him.

2. WELCOME LADIES! 895284 Be sure to pray before you begin your Bible study. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you as you read. Your lesson is written with the purpose of teaching and challenging you as you seek to know God better by studying the Bible, His Word. Continue to have an attitude of prayer as you reflect on what you are studying. Always be on the lookout for the following things as you read:

* Key words
* Promises to claim
* Appplications to live by
* Comfort and encouragment
* Eternal perspective
* Insights into the character of God

3. There are times when a question will seem difficult. When this happens, just move on to the next question. You can always return to it later and try again. Please don't let hard questions discourage you; people study the bible for a lifetime and don't have it all figured out! Hopefully, the discussion time on here will clarify most of your questions. Feel free to call me, I may be able to help you gain some understanding of what you are stuggling with. Occasionally, a trip to your pastor's office/clergy is helpful to address significant questions. WELCOME LADIES! 377665

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns or have additional insights that may be useful. On a more personal note; I am so looking forward to this time with you! We have an awesome God and He is just waiting to bless the socks off of each of us..I feel it in my spirit! WELCOME LADIES! 479171

After you're done reading this..take a moment to introduce yourself, drop a comment. When you do, share what you hope to gain from this study. Also, please take time to fill out your profile information so that we have eachother's contact info. and can easily obtain it on individual profiles within the forum. That way, when one of us wants to contact another by phone, mail, separate from our site, we are able to. Infact, I encourage you to do just that! Reach out to eachother as we share our hearts, minds and lives during this study! WELCOME LADIES! 564645

In His Love~ Court
WELCOME LADIES! 785267

Getting Started!

Let's begin now with the introduction that I mentioned way back up at the top! Break out the bible and let's begin, shall we?! :study:

1. God has several ways of teaching us lessons and revealing His character in life, but His two main sources of instruction are His Word and His Spirit. Let's first look at what His word was created to do. Read the following verses and describe what they say about God's Word. (Need a piece of paper here girls). =)

a. Psalm 119:129-130 ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

b. Psalm 119:105 ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

c. 2 Timothy 3:15-17 ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

d. Hebrews 4:12 _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

2. What does the psalmist conclude about the word of God as recorded in Psalm 119:92 ? ______________________________________________________.

a. Psalm 119:144 says, "Your statutes are forever right; give me understanding that I may live." Take a moment and meditate on all the verses you just read. What is God's Word able to do for you? _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

3. Sometimes we may think that we aren't smart enough to understand God's Word, the Bible. But, Jesus gave us an incredible promise just before He left to go back to heaven. Read what He says in John 14:25-27 and summerize what He said: ___________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

4. God's Word is timelss and His Spirit is tireless. He is waiting to draw near to you. What does James 4:8 say? _____________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

a. What does Isaiah 40:8 say? _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

5. This study does an amazing job of leading us into God's Word to address the areas of our lives where we may be stuggling. It also helps us to see all that God has done to reveal His love for us and His desire for us to walk in complete freedom. This will be an exciting study for those who complete it. Each lesson builds on the last so it will be important that you start and finish each lesson.

Take a moment now and think about what might hinder this commitment for you. Write out what you think may stand in your way:

6. We have an enemy who wants nothing more than to keep you from experiencing the abundant life Jesus promised. What do the following verses say about is schemes?

a. 2 Corinthians 2:11 ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

b. Ephesians 6:11 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

7. I know that for most of us there will come a time when we may want to quit. For some, there will be legitimate reasons, for others it may be a scheme of the enemy. What does Galations 5:1 encourage us to do? Write out the verse. ___________________________________________________________________________________.

8. Conclude your time by meditating on Psalm 19:7-11. Talk to God and ask Him to soften your heart and prepare your mind for all that He has for you in this study.

Back to top Go down
Moni

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-10-20

WELCOME LADIES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELCOME LADIES!   WELCOME LADIES! EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 1:30 pm

This is so awesome and I can't wait to get started!
I didn't really see any deadlines... sorry, it's the editor in me. If I don't know when something deadlines, I'm very good at putting it off. When should we shoot to have the Getting Started worksheet done? 😕
Are we going to set up a specific time for online discussion every week?
Thanks to Chris and Your Majesty for getting this set up!!

PS: I love these Emoticons! WELCOME LADIES! 902433
Back to top Go down
Court

Court

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-08

WELCOME LADIES! Empty
PostSubject: answers to Moni   WELCOME LADIES! EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 10:01 pm

Moni (& ladies)~ WELCOME LADIES! 924246

Thanks for asking what everybody is probably wondering! I ran out of time and steam writing the welcome and intro lesson but have meant to get back on here to set up a tentative schedule. So, this is what I'm thinkin'!

The Intro lesson is to be completed by this week. Online sharing and discussion could be happening now throughout the week and also over the coming weekend. Please drop comments in chit-chat (questions, suggestions, revelations!, prayer requests, praises, et..) "It's all good!" This will be our main area; "Chit Chat" a place to let eachother "in", share and show we care for one another. There are NO rules. Say, share what you want or need to. The more open we all are the faster we will form a bond with eachother! I'm looking forward to growing in my relationship with The Lord but also closer to each of you! We do have a IM option however, it has to be enabled and is doesn't remain on. We may mix and mingle the two later but for now use comments to communicate or you may email privately on here. Be on the look out each week as I may pose a question and or verse for the week to begin online dialog for our group.
Kinda like Chris got the ball rolling with the ABC"S of 80's songs! By the way..you guys are coming up with some great oldies but goodies! WELCOME LADIES! 821279

Schedule: WELCOME LADIES! 656928

Week 1: Introduction lesson (completed by 10-24)
Week 2: Lesson 1 Seeking Him (10/27-31)
Week 3: Lesson 2 11/3-7
Week 4: Lesson 3 11/10-14
Week 5: Lesson 4 11/17-21

Thanksgiving break: 11/24-28

Week 6: Lesson 5 12/1-5
Week 7: Lesson 6 12/8-12

Christmas Break: Plan a get together!
Break from 12/15 through 1-2-09

Week 8: 1/5-9
Week 9: 1/12-16
Week 10: 1/19-23
Week 11: 1/26-30
Week 12: 2/2-6

Should any of you have a suggestion please share! I know the holiday time is busy for all and wanted to take the heat off everyone to do the lesson during that high stress time. I was going to have us go up until the week b/f Christmas but then again, most of us are burning the candle at both ends right around then. WELCOME LADIES! 771796

WELCOME LADIES! 7460
Love you girls!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WELCOME LADIES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WELCOME LADIES!   WELCOME LADIES! Empty

Back to top Go down

WELCOME LADIES!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cawfee Talk :: Study Hall :: Weekly Lessons-
Jump to: