Cawfee Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cawfee Talk

Our own little place on the net!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Please pray for my family

Go down 
+2
Jenn
Moni
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Moni

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Please pray for my family Empty
PostSubject: Please pray for my family   Please pray for my family EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:50 am

Hey girls!
I got home from Denver last night - saw my New Kids on the Block! SO, so fun! My sister and I had a total blast! But...
lots of drama going on with my family right now.
Long story short, my Gramma was put into a nursing home on Thursday. She is now on morphine 24/7 and not expected to survive more than a few days. My uncle, who has been a horrible person to my grandparents and my mom, just dumped her off without so much as a change of clothes. He refuses to let the home give my mom ANY information on her condition. My Grandpa doesn't understand what's going on. He just wants her better and back on her feet so she can come home. My uncle is planning on taking my Grandpa back to Chicago where my uncle lives... leaving my Gramma here all alone. She's in Santa Cruz.
My grandparents have been married for 60+ years. It's just such a sad situation. I won't go into all the details, but my uncle has accused my mom of stealing my grandparents' money and a whole host of over awful things. My mom is probably the sweetest, most generous person you could ever meet, and all she's ever wanted to do is take care of her parents, but my uncle won't even let her see them. He even tried to have my mom arrested. But, because she's never done ANYTHING wrong, she was able to prove her innocense before it got that far.
It's an ugly, ugly situation. We're all trying to hold on to the fact that it's in God's hands. It's hard to let the worry go, though.
Please keep us all in your prayers. Thanks, friends!
Back to top Go down
Jenn

Jenn

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my family   Please pray for my family EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 11:50 am

Ya know, that is just rotten. A loved one being sick is hard enough on its own. How is your Grandpa holding up? When you say he doesn't understand what is going on does that mean he can't or your uncle won't tell him? How are YOU holding up? It's not even my family and I'm sitting here seething. Your in my prayers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jennhernandez00
Court

Court

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my family   Please pray for my family EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 12:21 pm

Please pray for my family 929820
What a jerk, your uncle is. Your mom is the sweetest person. She is so not devious or plotting or greedy or hurtful. O.K..I am going to slow my roll and say; "pray for your enemies" and that is what he has positioned himself as. I am so sorry. What a hurt, what burden for your mom...all of you. What's your mom wanting to do? Get an attorney and fight back? Why do things get ugly when parents start to fail? I witnessed my mom go through major hardship w/my aunt and two uncles when my grandparents became weakened and in need. I imagine the Lord covers the elderly's eyes during these times..who can take seeing their children hurt one another and fight-- how wrong is that... when THEY need their kids the most. I don't know Moni. All I can offer is an ear and a prayer to you. I understand, have watched it up close.

Please pray for my family 244264
Back to top Go down
Moni

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my family   Please pray for my family EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 2:43 pm

Nothing new today, which is new in itself! I swear, every day we hear of one more awful thing my uncle has said or done.
My mom has an attorney and has been consulting him constantly ever since this crap started back in May. Things were perfectly fine until he got involved. He would come out from Chicago maybe once a year, if that.
When my uncle took my gramma to the home, my grandpa thought she was just going to the doctor, and didn't understand what took so long. He kept asking when he'd see her again. I don't think he understands that she's not coming home, and my uncle won't take him to see her. He won't even be here when she passes.
There's some memory loss/dementia on both sides. I think Court's right about God covering their eyes so they don't see the horrible things going on.
We're just praying the my gramma doesn't suffer any more, and that my grandpa follows her home to the Lord soon after. I know that sounds awful, but it would be a blessing.
More than anything, for me, it breaks my heart to see this happen to my mom. These are her adopted parents - her biological parents both died of cancer when she was 7 and 8. Her dad first, then her mom. So, to lose her second set of parents in this way... with my uncle being so evil. She does not deserve that.
Back to top Go down
Dor

Dor

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my family   Please pray for my family EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 4:23 pm

Gosh, I sure don't know how long your Uncle can keep this up but I will pray for your family Moni! I have a big heart for the eldery and I can't imagine one of my children taking Andrew away and making decisions without even trying to communicate them to me..Geez!
I am so sorry for you and your Mom. You should all be a part of what is happening to her and your Uncle obviously has some heavy issues that he likes to take out on his family.
The Lord is with you!
Love, Dor Please pray for my family 895284
Back to top Go down
Moni

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my family   Please pray for my family EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 11:32 am

Thank you for the prayers!
My mom is heading over to Santa Cruz today for the care conference at the nursing home. My uncle is not here - he's in Chicago - but will be in on it via the phone. I'm hoping he doesn't try to keep her out of the meeting. My sister will also be there, so at least my mom will have some moral support. I wish I could be there, too.

I had a dream last night that I totally told my uncle off. It was a good dream. Please pray for my family 620357
Back to top Go down
Jenn

Jenn

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my family   Please pray for my family EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 4:26 pm

Anything new here, Moni? I keep thinking about your mom and your grandpa. It's just so sad.

Hope you are doing well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jennhernandez00
Kimmy

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my family   Please pray for my family EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 8:42 pm

Praying for you Moni Please pray for my family 716782
Back to top Go down
Moni

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my family   Please pray for my family EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Thank you AGAIN for all the prayers!
Things are OK... my gramma is MUCH better. When she first went into the nursing home, she wasn't eating or drinking and was in so much pain she didn't want anybody touching her. But she's now eating, etc., and visiting with people. She wants to go home and has asked my mom if she can come to Fresno. My mom says of course, but we're not sure how to do it with my uncle having power of attorney.
My mom has been there three times in the last week (last Wednesday, then Friday, and again today). At the care conference last week, the nurses told my mom that they didn't see anything in her chart that was an imminent death sentence. My mom and sister are convinced that my uncle badgered my gramma and stressed her out so much that her heart and body just shut down. Now that he's gone, she's so much better. We have not heard anything from or about my grandpa since they left early last week. (I can't believe it's only been a week!)
Back to top Go down
shelb

shelb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my family   Please pray for my family EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 1:28 am

Moni...

I'm glad to hear your sweet gramma is doing better...and so happy that your mom has gotten to spend some presious time with her...Praise the Lord!

I'm praying your grandpa musters up the strength to punch that uncle of yours in the nose, Please pray for my family 11389 and can run fast enough to get away from him!

Love to you my sista! Please pray for my family 564645
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my family   Please pray for my family Empty

Back to top Go down

Please pray for my family
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cawfee Talk :: Chit-Chat-
Jump to: