Cawfee Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cawfee Talk

Our own little place on the net!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayer request

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenn

Jenn

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Prayer request Empty
PostSubject: Prayer request   Prayer request EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 5:59 pm

I need prayer ladies. I received a phone call today from my former employer, make that former-former employer, saying that one of the women there was retiring next month and would I be interested in applying. It was in the newspaper this weekend (what’s up, Moni!) and the opening closes this coming Monday. I’m not a shoe-in but stand a good chance.

I worked briefly at the Fresno County Office of Education after praying and praying about it, and it ended up being the worst experience of my career. It really sucked and I hated it! So I quit. Since I truly sought God in that experience, I’m not sure I’d know the answer this time around either. Prayer request 625822 Working for the federal courts was one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life, and I miss it, truly. On one hand it seems like a no-brainer. On the other hand, my munchkins are better off when their mommy is more a part of their lives. (My husband and I both realized this when I was working at FCOE.) But, most likely, the opportunity to return to the courts won’t come around again for a few more years. Since I left five years ago only two people have been hired to fill the same position after numerous people retired, so there aren’t a lot of openings. Plus, the new federal building is SAAWWEEET!! Nice working environment!

I’m torn because I’m loving the stay-at-home mom thing. Prayer request 523143 Gives me the opportunity to put my money where my mouth is, ya know? I love my babies and don’t relish the thought of working because it means I’ll be away from them more. Much more. But, next year both kids will be in school until 3:05 p.m. and the office closes at 4:30 p.m. so they’d be home by 5:00. I also believe the teenage years are just as important as the developmental years, in some ways more so. For the moment, money isn’t a huge issue, though it would certainly help. My husband is leaving it up to me whether or not to go back! I loved my job (most of the time anyway) and it felt like I was contributing to the greater good, but am I putting it before my children?? —Can you tell I don’t know which way to turn?!

Augh, I don’t want to kick a gift horse in the mouth and neither do I want to be out of God’s will or do the wrong thing for my family…

Your prayers are highly coveted! Thanks. Prayer request 66466
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jennhernandez00
Court

Court

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Prayer request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer request   Prayer request EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 12:12 am

Jenn I've been thinking about this for you and it makes me feel just as stumped. I cannot imagine being in your shoes trying to make such a big decision. On one side; I wanna tell you to go for it with the job on the other hand...you're lovin' being home and your kid's main squeeze. Ugh! The fact is they are both good options huh?! That makes it difficult. Have you tried the test of writing down the pro's and cons on paper and looking at it in ink? Vic and I have done that one before when we both feel at a loss. It really does help. In the very least you feel as tho you're not missing anything by having to put in down on paper. I am absolutely praying for you. I also wanted to offer to talk or pray with you..should you need an ear..call me! Prayer request 4683 Do you have a gut feeling either way? What do you think your kids would say if they knew of this potential job or have they already put in their two cents? It's great that you man is supportive either way but kinda makes it harder huh? to decide!

Off the beaten path here.. Prayer request 582151
I'm feeling that adrenaline rush or I should say coming down off of one. Something pissed me off pretty good tonight. No, it's not the hubby! LOL! I read something that was a kind of put down/attack toward a friend on my space and I'm wanting to go in..guns blasting. I know with the way I feel now is not the time to involve myself but really it's not my thing to ignore this either. Pray for the Lord to calm my nerves. I'm already feeling better just typing this out and being in a place on the web that is loving, supportive and respectful of one another.

Goodnight girl or girls if other's read this.. Prayer request 158807 well, see you in the morning. Prayer request 158807

Prayer request 899736
Back to top Go down
shelb

shelb

Number of posts : 40

Prayer request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer request   Prayer request EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 2:15 am

Hi Jenn...

As you all know I'm a working mom...BUT, I know I could not do it if my job were 8 to 5...I've always worked, but have been so incredibly blessed to have the opportunity to work entirely around my beasts schedules...My current position is flexible, but I still get in hairy situations sometimes, and praise God I have my mom and family to jump in at a moments notice...although I try to avoid them, there are times when sickness, spur of the moment events, spontanious talks with the school, etc, etc, etc, come into play...it puts a crimp in the daily schedules I previously ironed out to make weeks go smoothly...with hubby working, and you being tied to your position on a set hourly schedule it can get difficult and stressful...

Personally, I spend one weekend a month pre-cooking and freezing planned dinners to avoid the temptation to fetch McDonalds or open a box of something...I pre-plan clothes and have them sorted and ready for the week ahead to avoid morning problems...each weekend I have grocery shopping, yard work, home deep cleaning, home repairs, paying bills, etc. that MUST get done, as weeks are on a tight schedule...the childrens school needs are met at the beginning of each week, such as book orders, school parties, field trips, etc...It's all about being organized and it isn't easy, it's extra work, but it is possible. I do this so my children don't feel the chaos of a working mom...

My honest advice is this...if you are feeling an honest need to be something more, if you are not truely happy staying at home, if you are financially needing extra income, if you are feeling time ticking on your career, if you feel any need outside of being a mom, seriously consider this position...
BUT...if you are truely content doing what you are doing, then STAY HOME!!!!

As mommys, EVERYTHING we do is about our family...BUT don't forget yourself, and be completely honest with yourself...it is not a bad thing to be a working mom...it just takes a lot more organizing and commitment in your couple...kids are able to adjust to anything you hand them, as long as you are secure and 100% committed in helping them make a graceful adjustment.

Here are a few solutions to think about...

1. Ask if you could return the remainder of this year on a basis that allows you to be home during your childrens' hours...all positions are negiocable (oops Spelling) and don't forget they called you...you have a proven employment record with them, so use that as leverage in neg (there's that darn word again) a new contract...if they refuse or a compromise cannot be met, then there is your answer...

2. Try it out... and if it doesn't work for your family, then you can always resign...your boss would understand if he/she were a parent, and would appreciate the fact that you are honest and committed to both work and family...as a boss, I would not hesistate to re-hire someone who re-applied after resigning for that reason...

3. Do the pro-con list Court suggested...and ask your children to contribute without coaching them along...make the process positive, just in case you should deceide to return to work...don't let them get you guilty!

4. Ask yourself if you are truely ready...home, health, emotionally, physically?? This question is only for you...don't consider your children, your husband or your potential employer...JUST YOU...ARE YOU READY?

I'm keeping you in my prayers...let us know what you deceide Lovey!!!

Court... it's sweet that you want to defend...maybe after you calm, you can say your peace...is this something that could have been read out of context, or just blam in yo face?? Cause maybe you could direct the dis as a question directly to the person, asking why or to explain?? That's the problem with emails and texting....there is a zillion ways things can be taken...I'm not a fan!!!

You get the "Good Friend Award" this evening :)
Prayer request 41944
Back to top Go down
Jenn

Jenn

Prayer request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer request   Prayer request EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 12:54 pm

Thank you so much for the wise and encouraging words...I'm so touched right now that either of you would take the time to reach out like that...maybe that sounds wrong, I don't mean it like that. I'm just really touched. Prayer request 736576

I'll definitely let you know what happens. Roy and I talked for two seconds this morning, and he is for my returning. That's huge. We are making it, but certainly aren't saving anything at the moment. We'd both like our children to attend college, so that weighs heavily on us.

I wish I could give both of you a big hug and say thanks for your kind encouragement!

xoxoxo,
Jenn

------------------

Court, I'm tempted to say let the lawyer in you to come out! Prayer request 11389 I guess that would be the wrong answer, tho! I'm sayin' a prayer for you right now...and maybe I should say a prayer for the other person, too! :D
Back to top Go down
Court

Court

Prayer request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer request   Prayer request EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 3:01 pm

Jenn~ You are worth the time my laydeh! I'm glad Roy through his hat in the ring for a side on the decision. As I had said, it'd be real hard to make that one for yourself. But, I'm betting he just wants for you to be happy. As most husband do want to please us. They know what it is to live with this and have experienced slices of it I'm sure: "it is better to live in the alone in the desert than with an angry and contentious wife" (verse..isn't the bible so wise!!). You do sound less anxious and more grounded today about making the decision and that is good to hear! It's a doozy of a decision, that's fo sho! I know whatever you do you do so with the Lord living in and through you so with his power... it's all good! Thanks so much for sharing about this with us all-- I remain prayerful for you today. Prayer request 895284

You are so cute to support me in my moment of gangsta. Prayer request 3163 The Prayer request 138352 may still hit the fan as I am not done with it. I did call Doe and talk it out earlier. She was so righteous and as always we get on a roll turning the bad into some fun for us. Prayer request 979126 She more liberal in thought, me more conservative we have a great way of differing respectfully and agreeing on what's most important. So when we landed on the love at the end and how everyone should be lovin' not hatin' we started up our accents and went off the deep end into la-la land..the place we enjoy most. I'm hearing the song; "Come Together" by the Beatles but instead it's Jesus singing.."come together, right now...over me!" Needless to say I feel betta, thanks Doe... but I ain't over it and it ain't over. Follow-up to come at a later date when I do what I needs to do!

Shel baby, you done tried but hard to back me off dis..and you always make a good points-- have ta say; we sound alike at times and it's scary...but, you would be all over it yo own self honey..I promise. Prayer request 433437
Back to top Go down
shelb

shelb

Number of posts : 40

Prayer request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer request   Prayer request EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 2:33 am

Jenn...you're a gem and we'd knowd it!! Prayer request 785267

COURT...Then I say do your thang Ladeeee!!! If it's for a cause, then I'll ride that bus with you!!! Prayer request 11389
Back to top Go down
Court

Court

Prayer request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer request   Prayer request EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Get on the bus then sister! Prayer request 11389 Prayer request 242508 Nah, it's all good. I've sent a message and gotten a response but need to reply yet. It's already better than it was. Prayer request 41944

Jenn-girl~ We're ready for a lil' update on the job op...what's the haps?! We're rootin' for you whichever way you go! Prayer request 311266 Prayer request 155183 Prayer request 510765 Prayer request 155183 Prayer request 311266
Back to top Go down
Jenn

Jenn

Prayer request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer request   Prayer request EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 12:44 pm

I sent in all my info, so I'm waiting to see if I get called to take the test. If I pass that I'll be interviewed...I sooo hate interviewing!! Prayer request 771796
Back to top Go down
Moni

Number of posts : 88

Prayer request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer request   Prayer request EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 2:31 pm

How soon are you supposed to hear about the test? What kind of test is it?

I hate the interview process, too. I've been on the other side of the desk doing the interviews, too, and that's not fun either! Just remember that you're BOTH nervous! Prayer request 620357
Back to top Go down
Dor

Dor

Number of posts : 49

Prayer request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer request   Prayer request EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 4:33 pm

My dear Jen,
I just read all of the posts!!! I pray for the best possible outcome for you and your family!
I have always been a working mom and it has worked out well for me...as a wise friend of mine has always said..."you'll be alright!" Prayer request 523143
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prayer request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer request   Prayer request Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayer request
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cawfee Talk :: Chit-Chat-
Jump to: